The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Summer 2014.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Fall internships will last approximately three months. The start date is September 8, 2014. (These dates can be flexible if necessary.)
- Fall interns will work a part or full-time schedule.
- Interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, organizing events, and writing and editing opeds, newsletters, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an oped on a public policy topic of interest to him or her. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- All internships are at the Show-Me Institute’s offices in Saint Louis, Mo.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit the internship application and the requested supporting materials. The deadline for consideration is August 15, 2014. However, we will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. We have a limited number of spots so early application is encouraged. Applicants can expect a decision no later than mid-May.
About the Show-Me Institute
Founded in 2005, the Show-Me Institute is a non-partisan, non-profit public policy research organization. The mission of the Institute is advancing liberty with responsibility by promoting market solutions for Missouri public policy.