The Show-Me Institute is pleased to offer internship opportunities for Spring 2018.
- Internships are open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Spring internships will last approximately four months. The exact starting and ending dates are flexible, but each intern is expected to work at least 10 weeks. No internship shall start prior to January 15. Spring internships will end on or before May 4, 2018.
- Spring interns can work a full-time schedule (9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with one hour for lunch), or arrange for a part-time schedule to accommodate class schedules.
- Interns will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Institute’s operations. Interns will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of projects. They can expect greater responsibility and personal attention than they would receive at larger organizations.
- Interns will assist staff members with a variety of tasks. These may include researching public policy topics, assisting with social media, organizing events, and writing and editing op-eds, newsletter articles, studies, and other documents. Some administrative and clerical tasks will also be required.
- A Show-Me Institute internship is an excellent opportunity to improve your research and writing skills. Each intern will produce regular blog posts and an op-ed on a public policy topic of interest. Each intern will receive feedback and assistance from SMI staff members throughout the process.
- Communication and development internships are also available. If interested, please state this in your application.
- Internships are offered in both the Saint Louis and Kansas City offices.
- Interns will be paid on an hourly basis.
Those wishing to be considered for an internship should submit an application (link below) and the requested supporting materials no later than December 8, 2017. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We will begin conducting interviews as applications are received. Applicants can expect a decision no later than Monday, January 8, 2018.